Skip to main content
Students, faculty, staff and community members seeking details about library operations during the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation:
Call our hotline at 575-646-1508, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Search & Find
What am I searching?
Basic search looks through everything, while the advanced search provides additional options and ways to fine tune your search. Below are just some of those options.
- Everything - This is the broadest search. Find books, e-books, journals, DVDs and more in libraries at all NMSU campuses, as well as online articles to which the Las Cruces Campus library subscribes.
- Books + Articles (Las Cruces Campus) - Find books and more at the Las Cruces Campus library, as well as online articles to which the Las Cruces Campus library subscribes.
- Books (Las Cruces Campus) - Find books and more at the Las Cruces Campus library.
- Books (All NMSU Campuses) - Find books and more in libraries at all NMSU campuses.
- Articles - Find online articles to which the Las Cruces Campus library subscribes.
- Course Reserves - Find items which are on reserve by course name, course ID, instructor and department.
What can I do if I sign into my account?
- renew books and other materials
- create favorites lists
- export citations to Endnote Web
- view full search results (Some databases only show results when you're signed in.)
To sign into your account, click on "Guest" then "Sign In" in the upper right corner of the search page.
- Use an asterisk * as a wildcard to replace one or more characters. Examples: cat* finds cat, cats, catalog, etc.; wom*n finds woman and women
- Enclosing a phrase in quotation marks " " finds an exact match. Example: "New Mexico chile"
- Primo Guide - Detailed information on using our discovery search tool (Primo)
- Ask a librarian - Chat online with a librarian for help on how to start your search