Policy No: 046
Approval Date: January 13, 2010
The purpose of the Library's events are:
- to highlight the strengths and diversity of the Library's collections and services
- to promote Library programs and exhibits
- to acknowledge gifts and to encourage giving
- to celebrate Library and University milestones and accomplishments
- create an inviting and educational setting for Library users
All events are subject to the following conditions:
- All Library events must be sponsored by the Library.
- The Library Administration manages and approves events.
- All sales associated with any event must be approved by Library Administration.
- The person submitting the application is responsible for the event and will be the contact person between the Library Administration and the event team kind.
- The Library may photograph or digitally display events for public announcements and/or their website.
- The event coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the event planning and the event itself.
- The event coordinator is responsible for the setup and takedown for the event.
Event Approval Process:
- Individuals/groups must submit proposals using the Events Request Form.
- Proposals normally must be submitted a minimum of six weeks in advance of the desired event date.
- The event date must be checked on the calendar to assure that it does not conflict with other activities.
- Proposals are evaluated for their stated purpose based on policy goals, educational content, costs and timeliness.
- Any costs associated with the event must be specified and approved by Library Administration.
- Publicity for the event must meet the guidelines established:
- Provide the Grants/University Relations Officer with complete and accurate information on your forthcoming library events, exhibits, tours, and programs a minimum of twenty working days before the event.
- In order for the event to appear in monthly publications such as “El Paso Scene” and “Desert Exposure,” the information is needed a minimum of thirty working days before the event.
- Please organize program series as a whole, so the series can be publicized as a whole.
Once an event proposal has been accepted, the individual/group will meet with the Associate Dean of the Library to finalize plans for the event.
Event proposals will be kept on file in the Library Administration office for a minimum of two years.