Policy No: 044
Approval Date: November 24, 2009
New Mexico State University Library will have a team award program.
Team awards recognize staff for exceptional performance as a member of a team above and beyond the employee's normal scope of duties. An award is appropriate when the team has risen to meet a major challenge.
Any regular full-time library staff member is eligible for team award consideration, excluding the Dean and Associate Dean. A team may consist of any number of library staff members.
Team awards are subject to the following:
- The announcement of team awards will be done at the annual Library Employee Service Awards Ceremony.
- The number of team awards given may vary from year to year. It may be the case that in any given year no team awards are given.
- If an employee is a member of more than one award winning team in a given year the person will receive only one trophy for the year. However, an employee is eligible for team award consideration in subsequent years.
- An employee recommended as part of a team award nomination is eligible for a staff or faculty bonus award consideration in the same year.
- Each recipient of the team award shall be recognized with an individual trophy.
Nominations may be made by any library staff member. Nominations will be reviewed by a committee made up of department heads and the Associate Dean. The members of the committee will independently review the nominations and their recommendations will be forwarded to the Dean of the Library. The Dean of the Library will make the final decisions on team awards to be given.