Policy No: 021
Approval Date: 11/29/05
Historical Notes: Revised 10/8/2014
In compliance with the New Mexico State University Policy Manual. Chapter 5.25.40 Compensation - Summer and Chapter 6.88 Summer Session. See also Chapter 22.214.171.124.2 Category of Librarianship is equivalent to the teaching and advising category.
Hiring of Library faculty in the summer is considered a privilege and not a right.
- The first priorities for the Library are program and student needs.
- Tenured and tenure-track faculty will have priority for summer contracts.
- In general, library faculty members will be employed for only one 6-week period.
- 12-month library faculty appointments are not eligible for summer compensation.
- Early agreements regarding summer contracts must be identified as tentative. No actual commitment is made until approvals are completed.
- Full load is considered 40 hours per week for library faculty.
|Apr 1||Department Heads/Associate Dean submit Library Faculty Compensation Proposals. Proposals must include a job description describing what the faculty member is being hired to do.|
|April 15||Dean's review of proposals is completed Department Heads/Associate Dean notified of approved summer hires.|
|Early May||HR Liaison completes hiring process and hires receive official notification.|
|Sept 15||Department Heads/Associate Dean submit brief report of summer faculty accomplishments to Dean.|