|Chair||Ruben F. Aragon||New Mexico Highlands University, Thomas C. Donnelly Library|
|Secretary||Poppy Johnson-Renvall||Central New Mexico Community College|
|Members||Holly Shipp Buchanan||University of New Mexico Health Sciences Library and Informatics Center|
|Barbara Lovato||University of New Mexico – Valencia|
|Elizabeth Titus||New Mexico State University Library|
|Melveta Walker||Eastern New Mexico University|
|Legislative Committee Progress Reports|
- Provide updates for the 2018 initiative.
- Advocate for the 2018 GO Bond.
- Address concerns to State Legislators regarding the distribution of GO Bonds equability between academic, public, school and tribal libraries.
- Work collaboratively with HED to clarify what are the eligibility criteria for academic libraries to receive library GO Bond funding and who adminsiters the eligibility criteria.
- Determine our charges for 2017-18.
Proposed 2017 Charges:
- Advocate (NM Legislature, Council of Presidents, Higher Education Department, etc.) for the New Mexico libraries GO Bond initiative for the 2018 legislative session.
- To review with the Higher Education Department an increase in the inflationary percentage of the funding formula.
- Discuss, review, and begin to push for a legislative line item supplemental funding for New Mexico academic libraries.
- Continue to collaborate with NMLA on legislative matters impacting academic libraries in New Mexico.
- Investigate and recommend to NMCAL members a potential collaborative project that could be funded out of biennial GO Bonds as a NMCAL-wide initiative.