Date: September 25, 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Kristina Martinez, NMSU Library, (575) 646-3642, firstname.lastname@example.org
NMSU Library and NMSU Teaching Academy are co-sponsoring a free self-publishing workshop to be held, October 25th 9:00am – 4:30pm. This one-day class will demonstrate how to prepare your book for publication using Microsoft Publisher® and Adobe Photoshop Elements®. Once you have it prepared, you can upload it to CreateSpace.com and get it published without spending a dime.
Topics will include:
- How to organize your book (title page, table of contents, etc.)
- How to design a page. (Look closely at several books and notice that pages are carefully designed.)
- How to use fonts and dingbats effectively. (Don’t know what a “dingbat” is? Come to the seminar and find out.)
- What decisions you have to make. (What size font? What size margins? Etc.)
- How to use Microsoft Publisher®.
- How to prepare photographs for your book using Adobe Photoshop Elements®.
- How to design an effective cover.
- How to prepare your cover using Adobe Photoshop Elements®.
- How to submit your book to CreateSpace.com.*The workshop will not cover: e-book publishing (Kindle, Nook, etc.)
The workshop will be taught by Dr. Richard Davies, NMSU alumni and author of four self-published books. Dr. Davies teaches self-publishing skills in the Continuing Education Division of Clayton State University, Morrow, Georgia.
To register, please visit http://teaching.nmsu.edu/ or call 575-646-2204.