Date: August 26, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Jeanette Smith, NMSU Library, (575) 646-7492, email@example.com
The NMSU Library’s “Big Shift” of books and journals, begun during Spring Semester and continued during the summer, is still underway.
The shifts are occurring to address floor load and shelving capacity issues.
The Library administration announces that:
- Books with call numbers HA-HJ (Business) have moved from Branson Library and are now shelved on the second floor of Zuhl Library
- Journals with call numbers H-JX (Business and Political Science) published before 2000 must be retrieved by Branson Library Service Desk staff
- New books with call numbers Q-Z (Science, Medicine, Agriculture, Engineering, Military Sciences and Library Science) are shelved in a temporary area on the fourth floor of Branson Library
- U.S. government documents and New Mexico State documents are located on the first floor west of Branson Library
- Microforms and the media collection are located on the first floor west of Branson Library
- Many older bound volumes and indexes are in storage and must be retrieved by Branson Library Service Desk staff
Shift “alerts” will continue to be reflected in the Library’s online catalog (http://libcat.nmsu.edu/vwebv/searchBasic?sk=libcat) as changes occur. In some cases the location change in the catalog may still be pending.
Please do not hesitate to ask for help. Staff at the Service Desks in Branson and Zuhl libraries are happy to assist you with finding materials.
For more information, contact the Branson Service Desk at (575) 646-3101 or the Zuhl Service Desk at (575) 646-6910.