Quiet study areas: (signs are posted in these areas)
- Branson Library - the west sides of the 3rd and 4th floors
- Zuhl Library - the north side of the 3rd floor, the south side of the 2nd floor
Noise should be kept to a minimum, which includes minimal conversation and turning off or silencing cell phones and pagers. These zones are not appropriate for group study.
Public use areas:
Comfortable chairs, big tables, group and individual spaces available in multiple areas and floors of both libraries.
Some noise and interaction is to be expected as both groups and individuals work in these areas. Earbuds are available from Service Desks.
Computer Cluster areas: (NMSU and public use computers)
See computer station availability
Printing and scanning resources also available nearby.
- Branson Library - the west side of the 1st floor
- Zuhl Library - the central and east sides of the 1st floor
Laptop or iPad can also be checked out from the Service Desk for NMSU students. Wirelss access is available from anywhere within the building using the campus network.
Group Study Rooms: (For NMSU student collaboration)
Zuhl Library has 7 group study rooms, including these specialty rooms:
- Two Collaboration Rooms with plug-ins for lap-tops or other devices and a large screen monitor.
- One Presentation/Practice Room with a lectern, computer and large screen monitor.
Two or more NMSU students can reserve a group study room for up to 2 hours at a time.
Reserve a Group Study Room