Policy No: 015
Approval Date: April 6, 2011
Related Policies: Circulation (Policy #007), Reserves (Policy #011) , Information Delivery Services (Policy #033)
Historical Notes: Replaces Archives and Special Collections Department-Fees for Publication Policy and Archives and Special Collections: Photocopying, Photograph Duplication and Digital Imaging Services Policy
The Library applies fees and charges for a number of services in an effort to recover direct costs and reasonable indirect costs. List of Library Fees & Charges
- Library fees and charges are subject to change.
- Fees and charges may vary based on commercial or non-commercial nature of use.
- The Library reserves the right to decline a reproduction order if the original is deemed fragile, processes may damage or alter the item, or certain copyright or donor restrictions apply.
- Images from Archives and Special Collections publications intended for commercial use require a signed Permission to Use form that must be submitted and approved by the Department Head prior to use or exhibition.
--Access fees are in addition to photographic duplication charges.
--All publication fees are for one-time, non-exclusive use per image.
Scope: Library fees and charges generally apply, but are not limited to:
- Reproductions, including prints, photocopies, scans, media, and digital images
- Lost, damaged, or overdue items
- Supply purchases
- Special processing, such as oversized documents, shipping/handling, binding, and rush orders
- Specialized services
Payment, Adjustments, and Refunds:
- Payment is typically accepted in the form of cash, check, money order, or University index number. A $20.00 fee will be charged for a returned check.
- Failure to pay fees or charges will result in the cancellation of a request/order, blocked account(s), and/or restricted library privileges.
- Library printers and copy machines require Library copy card or cash. Use of funds loaded onto student ID cards is only available on ICT printers.
- Adjustments or refunds relating to Library fees and charges are made at the Library's discretion.