Policy No: 005
Approval Date: 6/25/03
All children are subject to library building rules and regulations. All children aged 10 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- If unattended children are doing something that is inappropriate or that could result in their injury, library staff should intervene and initiate, as appropriate, the following:
- Remove them from danger.
- Request that the activity be discontinued (e.g., playing in elevators or stairs).
- Notify NMSU Police if they refuse to stop the behavior.
- If children are lost or frightened, try to calm and reassure them and then take them to the circulation desk. The circulation staff will notify the police.
- Direct all inquiries regarding missing children to NMSU Police.
- Anyone being disruptive will be asked to leave the building.