Policy No: 004
Approval Date: January 23, 2003
Date Revised: August 31, 2018
University Library Policy:
The University Library will be in compliance with ARP 6.85 Standard Administrative Office Hours.
University Library Administrative Rules and Procedures:
Compliance procedures under ARP 6.85 Standard Administrative Office Hours are as follows:
- Subject to library and departmental operational needs and procedures, the University Library, with approval of the dean, will provide flextime options to non-exempt staff employees during the following periods: fall semester, spring semester, and summer.
- During these time periods, employees and supervisors may work together to develop work schedules compatible with department responsibilities. Supervisors should approve flexible schedules only if they are convinced that deviation from the normal workweek will not adversely affect the unit or those who depend upon its services.
- All flextime work schedules must be approved by the appropriate department/unit head. Any work schedule modified in accordance with this policy must maintain a documentablefull-time level of service.
- Guidelines include:
- All offices must remain fully functional for the normal work week schedule from 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- The department unit head decides if flextime is viable for their department/unit.
- Flextime options should be made available to all staff within the department/unit if department/unit head decides flextime is viable for department/unit.
- A flextime schedule is fixed for the entire specified semester. Any changes in an employee's flextime schedule require the approval of department head.
- The department/unit head will determine hours available for flextime schedule. No flextime hours will be worked during hours the library is not officially open.
- Employees must average a 40-hour work week schedule.
- If employee takes annual or sick leave for a flextime day, hours scheduled will be taken as annual or sick leave. [Example: Sick leave taken on a 10 hour day, 10 hours of sick leave deducted from employee's accumulated sick leave balance.] Lunch breaks of at least one-half hour are required.
- Coffee breaks may not be accumulated, combined with a lunch break, or used at the beginning or ending of a shift.