- Plagiary: Cross-Disciplinary Studies in Plagiarism, Fabrication, and Falsification. This journal contains articles on issues related to plagiarism.
Detection and Prevention (Penn State). Includes news & tips.
- Plagiarism, Sharon Stoerger MLS, MBA. An enormous list of online papers and resources.
- Center for Academic Integrity--founded by Donald McCabe, a leader in the field. NMSU is a member of this, and so the materials are available to faculty.
Books at the NMSU Library
- Using Sources Effectively: Strengthening Your Writing and Avoiding Plagiarism. Robert A. Harris. LB 2369 .H34 2005. Among other things this reviews some common myths about plagiarism. A good guide for students.
- Doing Honest Work in College: How to Prepare Citations, Avoid Plagiarism, and Achieve Real Academic Success, Charles Lipson. PN 171 .F56 L56 2004.
for researchers and teachers:
- The Plagiarism Handbook: Strategies for Preventing, Detecting, and Dealing with Plagiarism. Robert A. Harris. PN 167 .H37 2001.
- Guiding Students from Cheating and Plagiarism to Honesty and Integrity: Strategies for Change, Ann Lathrop and Kathleen Foss, LB 3609 .L 27 2005
- Scandals and Scoundrels : Seven Cases that Shook the Academy, Ron Robin. PN167 .R63 2004.
- Crisis on Campus: Confronting Academic Misconduct, Wilfried Decoo and Jozef Colpaert. LB2344 .D43 2002
- Perspectives on Plagiarism and Intellectual Property in a Postmodern World, Lise Buranen and Alice M. Roy, editors. PN167 .P47 1999
- Stealing into Print: Fraud, Plagiarism, and Misconduct in Scientific Publishing, Marcel C. LaFollette. Z286.S4 L33 1992
Articles: (remote access is available only to NMSU faculty, students, and staff).
- "Confronting Plagiarism: How Conventional Teaching Invites Cyber-cheating." Arthur Sterngold. Change 36 (3) (May-June 2004), 16-22.
- "Plagiarism and Cyber-Plagiarism: A Guide to Selected Resources on the Web", Patience Simmonds. C&RL News, June 2003, 385-389.
- "Academic Dishonesty, Plagiarism Included, in the Digital Age: A Literature Review", Ercegovac, Zorana. College & Research Libraries, v.65, n.4, (July 2004), p.301-318.
- Roig, Miguel, "Can undergraduate students determine whether text has been plagiarized?" The Psychological Record, v.47, (Winter '97), p.113.
- "The Persistent Plague of Plagiarism," John Maxymuk, The Bottom Line 19 (4) (2006) 44-47.
- "Cyberplagiarism and the Library: Issues and Solutions", Jennifer Sharkey, The Reference Librarian, 91/92 (2005) 103-116.
- "Term Paper Mills, Anti-Plagiarism Tools, and Academic Integrity", Marie Groark, Diana Oblinger, and Miranda Choa, Educause Review, October 2001.
Email us your questions or comments