More Tips and Informationfor faculty on plagiarism
- Defining and Avoiding Plagiarism: The Writing Program Administrators' Statement on Best Practices.
- Barbara Gross Davis of Berkeley has produced an excellent guide to preventing plagiarism and other forms of cheating.
- University of New Mexico has produced an excellent statement for professors. It covers how to prevent plagiarism, what to do when it happens, etc.
- University of Maryland Undergraduate College, "Helping Students Avoid Plagiarism" has an excellent compact statement.
- UNM guidelines for handling plagiarism cases in English classes.
- The Writing Center at Colorado State University has an especially useful set of web pages. They draw upon An April 2003 PBS teleconference, "Cheating and Plagierism Using the Internet," Hope Burwell, William L. Kibler, and Jessica A. Keir. This gives recommendations on faculty action, including how to design assignments.
- Syracuse University, Academic Integrity Guidelines
- University of North Carolina provides a selection of materials on preventing plagairism and other topics.
- CQ Researcher, "Combating Plagiarism", Sept. 19, 2003.
Other Sites for Writing, Research, and Plagiarism
Email us your questions or comments