||Ruben F. Aragon
||New Mexico Highlands
University, Thomas C. Donnelly Library
Mexico Community College
||University of New Mexico
Health Sciences Library and Informatics Center
||University of New
Mexico - Valencia
||New Mexico State
- Provide updates for the 2012 initiative.
- The need to begin advocating for the 2012 GO Bond.
- Address concerns to State Legislators regarding the distribution of GO Bonds equability between academic,
public, school and tribal libraries.
- To recommend that the tribal libraries be folded into the other categories to assure equitable distribution.
- Determine our charges for 2011-12.
Proposed 2012 Charges:
- Advocate (NM Legislature, Council of Presidents, Higher Education Department, etc.) for the New Mexico
libraries GO Bond initiative for the 2010 legislative session.
- Advocate with the Higher Education Department for an increase in the inflationary percentage of the funding
- Discuss, review, and begin to push for a legislative line item supplemental funding for New Mexico academic
- Increase the level of collaboration with NMLA on legislative matters impacting academic libraries in New
- Investigate and recommend to NMCAL members a potential collaborative project that could be funded out of biennial
GO Bonds as a NMCAL-wide initiative.