Additional Guidelines for Gifts of Journals & Magazines
Considered for Acceptance
- Journal titles in the New Mexico State University Library online catalog.
We can accept only those issues the catalog shows we are missing.
- Journal titles that are not in the New Mexico State University Library online catalog.
- New titles must be reviewed and accepted by the librarian/selector in the appropriate subject area before the title can be added.
- Generally, there must be a minimum of three complete, consecutive years of the title, or a promise of continuing to donate every issue of the titled journal for a minimum of three years, for the Library to accept print copies.
Generally Not Considered for Acceptance
- Journal issues purchased at the individual rate: These cannot be mailed from the publisher to our institution. However, issues can be donated once they are no longer current.
- Journals in poor condition.
The library may make exceptions for journals and magazines in priority subject areas, for example:
- NMSU, Dona Ana County, or New Mexico
- Musical Scores
- Latin American imprints
- Items appropriate for Special Collections
- Water Issues
- Agriculture, particularly in New Mexico or the region
For more information, contact the Gifts Unit at (575-646-6297 or by email).