Thesis/Dissertation Assistance and Binding
- Degree Completion Checklist
- Thesis Guidelines Checklist
- Signature Page for Faculty and Student
- Embargo of Thesis/Dissertation
- Thesis/Dissertation Intake Form
- Thesis/Dissertation Binding Form
- Binding Form for Additional Personal Copies
The NMSU Library's Branson Hall, Information Service Desk will receive and assist you with your thesis or dissertation at the hours indicated below. The Bindery Unit will bind the official University copies of your thesis or dissertation. The Reference & Research Services Department offers assistance finding resources for literature reviews, writing styles, copyright and plagiarism information.
NOTE: Once the thesis or dissertation has been approved by the thesis or dissertation committee and the Graduate Dean, it is considered a final document and no changes can be made by the author.
- What is needed for binding:
- Pay the binding fee at the cashier's office in the Educational Services Building, next to the Pan Am Center (575)646-3927. (Keep your binding receipt)
- Submit to NMSU Library, Branson Hall, Information Service Desk
- The Library Thesis/Dissertation Binding Form (or binding receipt)
- 3 (or 4) unbound, edited, approved, and signed copies of your thesis/dissertation on 25% white cotton bond paper
- Completed Signature Page for Faculty and Student
- CDs or DVDs need to have your name on them
- Maps should not be folded, (the bindery will fold them)
- In Person:
- NMSU Library, Branson Hall, Information Service Desk (575)646-3101
- Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday - 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday - 1:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- By US Mail:
- NMSU Library
- PO Box 30006 / MSC 3475
- Las Cruces, NM 88003-8006
- By Express Service (Fed Ex, UPS or DHL):
- NMSU Library, Branson Hall
- 1305 Frenger Mall
- Las Cruces, NM 88003
- ATTN: Bindery Unit
- Doctoral students must also submit:
- Completed UMI Dissertation Agreement Form*
- Extra copy of title page and abstract
- Binding of Personal copies
- Fill out the Binding Form for Additional Personal Copies (includes fee information);
- Submit the completed form and your copies to the NMSU Library, Branson Hall, Information Service Desk.
|Thesis:||$38.50||$48.50||(required by molecular biology or astronomy students)|
(binding & microfilming)
|For Personal Copies: (Fees listed on Binding Form for Additional Personal Copies)
NOTE: Personal copies can be insured for an additional $3.00 per copy
How and Where:
note*- A money order for $65, payable to 'ProQuest', is required when submitting the UMI and copies of doctoral dissertations to be bound
The library has made arrangements with "Bookbinders of New Mexico" to handle the binding of any personal copies of your thesis/dissertation.
(The bound copies will be shipped directly to you in 6 - 12 weeks.)
Email the library for questions or comments or call (575)646-3101