Records Transfer Checklist
FIRST STEP: Contact Archives with any questions regarding records disposition
- Hobson-Huntsinger University Archives
New Mexico State University Library
MSC 3475; Branson Hall
PREPARE MATERIALS FOR SHIPMENT TO THE UNIVERSITY ARCHIVES
- Insure that records are in file folders with labels describing contents.
- Replace hanging file folders with regular file folders.
- Identify each box with your office name and the box sequence (1 of 3, 2 of 3, etc.) Please use labels; do not write on the boxes.
- Pack records in the order in which they were kept by your office.
- Prepare a list of the folder titles for each box (container list).
- Place the complete list for all boxes in the front of box 1 or mail it to the Archives.
PRIOR TO SHIPPING:
- Fill out a Records Transfer Form. Make a copy for your records. Send digital copy to the University Archives with your shipment, in the front of the box, or as an attachment in an email.
- Call the University Archives at (575)646-3839 so that we may expect your records.
- Call the Physical Plant Department Work Order Desk (575)646-7114, to arrange to have your records transported to the Archives. (PPD does not charge your account for transporting materials to the Archives.)
Thank you and your cooperation is very appreciated!
You will receive confirmation from the University Archives that your records have been received. At that time you will be given the Accession Number assigned to your records. This number is used to identify the records should you need to access them.