Office of the Dean
Welcome to the New Mexico State University Library where our Mission, Vision and Values support and enhance the teaching, learning, research, and outreach endeavors of the University.
"A library may look like a single building, but please don't be misled by the walls. It's a single link in an enormous chain. It's a single being in a gigantic ecosystem of words and thoughts and ideas."
Shula Klinger, Richmond, BC. Quoted in Beyond Words: BC's Public Libraries Are Changing Lives.
Library Administration Scope of Services:
- Define and implement the library's strategic directions in support of the university's vision and goals
- Coordinate the business operations for the Library in support of teaching, learning, outreach, and research within the University community.
- Leadership and direction of the library and all library departments
- Development of Library Policies and Procedures
- Reconciliation and analysis of operating budgets; ensuring all library fiscal practices are in compliance with university policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Strategic fiscal budget management
- Donations & Gifts
- Fundraising Activities to facilitate the Library's development
- Recruitment of library staff; hiring of library student employees; payroll
- Job Opportunities
- Contact for external library materials and equipment vendors
8:00am - 5:00pm Monday-Friday