NMSU Library Archives and Special Collections, located on the fourth floor of the Branson Library, welcomes members of the campus and local community, as well as independent researchers. Appointments are not necessary; however, to provide better access and service, prior communication with members of our staff is helpful. Please note, Archives and Special Collections material does not circulate and is only available for use in the Caroline E. Stras Research Room.
Steps to take before arriving:
Browse Our Collections
Please take a moment to look over the following discovery resources:
- The Rocky Mountain Online Archive (RMOA) - houses finding aids for our archival collections.
Request Research Materials
While appointments are not necessary, we do appreciate advance notice of your visit and the material needed. By completing and submitting our online request form, material can be ready for use when you arrive.
- Request for Research Materials Form - You will receive an email copy of the completed form.
Additional Visitor Information
We are open Monday- Friday 9:00 am to 4:00pm during the semester and by appointment during the summer and winter breaks.
- Archives Hours - Please check our Archives Hours page for any closures.
- Map to Branson Library - We are located on the 4th floor of the Branson Library on the NMSU Campus.
- Research Room Information - Material is only available for use in the Caroline E. Stras Research Room.
- NMSU Parking Information or Free E-Permit - We recommend reviewing campus parking information ahead of time.
- Travel and lodging information for out-of-town visitors