Exempt Staff Bonus Program
Policy No: 025
Approval Date: 11/29/05
New Mexico State University Library will have an exempt staff bonus program.
Bonuses reward staff for exceptional performance above and beyond the employee's normal scope of duties. A bonus is appropriate when a staff member has risen to meet and exceed a major challenge.
Any exempt*, regular full-time (non-probationary) library staff member is eligible for bonus award consideration.
[*excluding the Dean and Associate Dean]
Bonuses are cash awards and are subject to the following:
- They are not built into the base salary.
- They are not a substitute for base performance or merit pay.
- Payment is awarded outside of the regular pay schedule and done using the payroll check request procedure.
- Normal deductions are taken out of the bonus payment.
- The announcement of bonus awards will be done at the annual Library Employee Service Awards Ceremony.
- The number of bonuses awarded and the amounts awarded may vary from year to year depending on the availability of funds. It may be the case that in any given year no bonuses are given.
- Normally, a recipient of a bonus during a fiscal year will not be eligible in the following fiscal year for a bonus.
To be considered for a bonus, exempt staff may be nominated by a department head, the Associate Dean, or their immediate supervisor. Nominations will be reviewed by a committee made up of department heads and the Associate Dean. The members of the committee will independently review the nominations and their recommendations will be forwarded to the Dean of the Library. The Dean of the Library will make the final decisions on bonuses to be awarded.
|Email us your questions or comments|