Library Faculty Summer Contracts
Policy No: 021
Approval Date: 11/29/05
In compliance with the New Mexico State University Policy Manual, Chapter 6, Section 6.88 the following apply:
- Library faculty summer contracts are considered a privilege and not a right.
- The first priorities for the library are student and program needs.
- Continuing tenured and tenure-track faculty will have priority for summer contracts.
- In general, library faculty members will be employed for one 6-week period only.
- No summer session allocation is used for 12-month library faculty appointments.
- Early agreements regarding summer contracts must be identified as tentative. No actual commitment is made until approvals are completed on E-Hire Form - Permission to Offer Section.
- Full load is considered 40 hours per week for library faculty.
|Feb 15||Administrative call for request for summer contract position forms from departments|
|Mar 15||Department Heads submit requests for summer contract positions|
|Apr 1||Administrative review completed and Department Heads notified of approved positions|
|May 1||E-hire process completed and faculty receive official notification|
|Sept 1||Department Heads submit brief report of summer faculty accomplishments to Dean|
In compliance with the New Mexico State University Policy Manual, Chapter 5, Section 25.40 the following apply:
Salary for full load is based on 3/4 of 2/9 of applicable annual (9-month) salary (using past year base for Summer Session I and year-to-come base for Summer Session II). Note: Salaries will be rounded to the nearest dollar.
|Email us your questions or comments|