Non-Remunerated Educational Experiences
Policy No: 017
Approval Date: 5/4/07
The NMSU Library supports non-remunerated educational experiences for students enrolled in formal library education programs. The goal of the program is to supplement the student's education, while also meeting the needs and mission of the Library.
- Students desiring an educational experience will contact the Department Head in whose department they wish to work. Students should be aware that opportunities may not be available every semester.
- Working with the Department Head, the student will prepare a proposal that includes the following:
- brief introduction, stating student's name, library education program, and any other pertinent information;
- student's stated goals, objectives, anticipated outcomes as well as a timeline for the educational experience;
- specific objectives for department/unit staff working with the student;
- stated requirements to be met by the student for the library education program;
- stated requirements to be met by the library staff member supervising the student.
|Email us your questions or comments|