Staff (Non-Exempt) Bonus Program
Policy No: 014
Approval Date: 10/22/03
Historical Notes: Effective Date: October 22, 2003, Revised 9/14/05
New Mexico State University Library will have a staff (non-exempt) bonus program.
Bonuses reward staff for exceptional performance above and beyond the employee's normal scope of duties. A bonus is appropriate when a staff member has risen to meet a major challenge.
Any staff (non-exempt), regular full-time (non-probationary) library staff member is eligible for bonus award consideration.
Bonuses are cash awards and are subject to the following:
- They are not built into the base salary.
- They are not a substitute for base performance or merit pay.
- Payment is awarded outside of the regular pay schedule and done using the payroll check request procedure.
- Normal deductions are taken out of the bonus payment.
- The announcement of bonus awards will be done at the annual Library Employee Service Awards Ceremony.
- The number of bonuses awarded and the amounts awarded may vary from year to year depending on the availability of funds. It may be the case that in any given year no bonuses are given.
- Normally, a recipient of a bonus during a fiscal year will not be eligible in the following fiscal year for a bonus.
To be considered for a bonus, staff (non-exempt) must be nominated by a department head or the Associate Dean. Nominations will be reviewed by a committee made up of all department heads and the Associate Dean. This committee will forward their collective recommendations to the Dean of the Library. The Dean of the Library will make the final decisions on bonuses to be awarded.
|Email us your questions or comments|